New proposals are set to be unveiled Wednesday for how Columbus and the surrounding cities might transform themselves to better use the area’s rivers and other waterways. Five design teams from local firms will present their designs during the Columbus Metropolitan Club event at 5 p.m., to be livestreamed the club’s YouTube page.
The event, called Rapid 5, promises ‘imaginative and thought-provoking” designs for the public land surrounding area waterways for the benefit of recreation, transportation, the economy, education and leisure.
Urban planning: Ohio State study links green space to income, race
Urban design leaders from Ohio State University and the Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission, Keith Myers and William Murdock, will introduce the topic and Jennifer Bullock, NBC4 anchor, will host.
- Brian Bernstein and Carmine Russo Jr., principals and founders of the REALM Collaborative
- Margot Jacobs and Kim Way of NBBJ
- Jeffrey Pongonis and Andrew Overbeck, principals at MKSK
- Michael Bongiorno, managing principal and design director of AECOM
- Tedd Hardesty and Timothy Skinner, principals at EDGE