OHIO WEATHER

Student news from the Fox Chapel area

Area students Megan Cyterski and Natalie Cyterski, both biology majors at Coastal Carolina University in Conway, S.C., were named to the President’s List for the Spring 2022 semester. Students who made the President’s List have achieved a 4.0 grade point average during the semester.

—-

Zachary Goreczny, of Aspinwall graduated from York College of Pennsylvania with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration. He also was named to the Spring 2022 Dean’s List.

—-

Joshua Kieffer was among more than 260 students who received diplomas at Marietta College’s 185th commencement ceremony on Saturday, May 7, in the Dyson Baudo Recreation Center.

Kieffer completed requirements for a Bachelor of Science degree in petroleum engineering.

Kieffer, a graduate of Fox Chapel Area High School, was a member of Pi Epsilon Tau and Sigma Gamma Epsilon and received the The Robert M. Naddour Award. Recipients are selected from among senior members of the Society of Petroleum Engineers and demonstrate industry, motivation, and enthusiasm in their academic work and sociability in departmental activities as well as scholarship.

—-

Area student Emma Blaylock recently graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Urban Studies from the College of Charleston.

Blaylock was among more than 1,450 students who received degrees from the public liberal arts and sciences university located in Charleston, S.C., and was founded in 1770.

—-

Area student Madelyn Reuss has been named to the Dean’s List at James Madison University for the spring 2022 semester. Students who earn dean’s list honors must carry at least 12 graded credit hours and earn a GPA of between 3.5 and 3.899. Reuss is majoring in business management.

—-

Ian Mackey-Piccolo, a 2022 graduate of Fox Chapel Area High School, and Adhitya Thirumala, a 2021-2022 FCAHS sophomore, advanced to the double octofinal trophy round in Policy Debate at the National Catholic Forensic League Grand National Tournament May 27-29, 2022, in Washington, D.C.. This accomplishment placed them among the top 32 policy debate teams in the nation.

A total of 1,973 students representing 400 public, private, and charter high schools from 29 states across the country participated in the tournament.

—-

Three Fox Chapel Area High School 2022 graduates, Justine Eng, Latin; Laura Klamut, German, and Paris Wohlgemuth, German, have been named 2022 Pennsylvania State Modern Language Association (PSMLA) Global Scholars Graduates.

The purpose of the PSMLA Global Scholars program is to provide high school students with the opportunity to participate in interdisciplinary studies and activities, to develop global awareness and competency, and to better prepare students for personal and professional success in an increasingly global society.

Current global affairs and the access to world news and information show the interconnectedness of countries and reinforce the need for students to become not only globally aware, but globally competent, according to Dr. Jan Hostler Stewart, the secretary of the PSMLA Global Scholars.

“These students have made the conscious effort to broaden their horizons intellectually, inquisitively, socially, and academically which will aid them in their future endeavors on multiple levels,” she said.

Read More: Student news from the Fox Chapel area

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy

Get more stuff like this
in your inbox

Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.

Thank you for subscribing.

Something went wrong.